Sunday, September 6, 2026

Looking back at August 2026: What did I Sew and or Create?

Hello sewing/creating friends!  Since I don't seem to be able to post weekly, like I planned, I'm going to try doing a monthly review each month of what I've made the month before.  

I didn't get as much sewing/creating done in August as I had hoped, but I did do the following ...


We had G (grandma) & G (grandpa) camp for 2 weeks in August with two of our grands.   Our granddaughter wanted to learn how to sew, so I taught her.  She made this pillowcase (She chose the fabric, cut it out and sewed it up ... under my tutelage, of course.) ...


She wanted to make something else when she had finished her pillowcase and asked about making a drawstring bag.  That was her next project!  Again, she chose the fabric, cut it out and stitched it up following my instructions.

 
After G & G camp was over, my sister wanted to learn how to make the drawstring bags, so we did a long-distance sewing class via technology.  


I made two bags, pictured here is the second one.  I simply reversed the fabric from the first one and on this one instead of making the drawstrings, I used some cording I had on hand.  I don't know which I like the best.

Now, comes a question ... I have used drawstring bags in the past for gift giving purposes filling them with items that relates to the recipient's likes.  What would you put in these drawstring bags for gift giving purposes?  The inside area is about 6 x 8 inches.


Not as colorful, but just as useful are these 'in the process' drawstring bags.  Neither bag is finished, the one on the right is very close.  I could easily finish both in about an hour, but finding a whole hour to sew right now is not on the schedule!!  The fabric for these bags are from recycled clothing.   The denim outside fabric came from a dress I no longer wore and the lining fabric came from a blouse I was given.  The blouse didn't have enough 'give' for my comfort, so I repurposed it.  (The dear friend who gave it to me had the same issue with the blouse, she gave it to me with the suggestion that if I couldn't wear it, to repurpose it into something else.  I love friends like that!) 

That's it for the month of August!  What did you stitch up or create in August?

Here's to September and all the sewing/creating possibilities!!

 Until the next time!

mrs. patsi @ Grandma's Got a Sewing Machine


No comments:

Post a Comment